Wet and humid areas provide ideal conditions for mold to form. Buildings affected by water damage have plenty of wet surfaces, so if you don’t want to deal with mold, you will have to dry out and restore your property as soon as possible. Mold can form on every type of surface like brick walls, hardwood floors, concrete ceilings, etc. Additionally, mold spreads really fast. It will take mold only 24 hours to spread from one tiny spot throughout the whole side of the wall.
Montebello 24/7 Flood Clean Up has all the necessary tools to treat mold-infected areas. Besides removing the mold from the affected areas, we will find the source of the problem and patch it up to prevent mold regrowth and recurrence in the future.
- Firstly, we will need to seal off the affected area so mold doesn’t spread to other rooms during the process.
- After that, we use industrial dryers to remove humidity and dry out the area, before proceeding to scrape the mold from surfaces.
- Now the only thing left to do is to find the source of the leak and patch it up. Usually, it turns out to be a leaky roof or a broken pipe. If your property was flooded in a storm or by an overflowing river, then all it needs is a thorough clean up and that's it.
A lot of people don’t realize it, but mold is extremely bad for your health. It can cause some serious health conditions if you get exposed to it for a longer period of time. Mold primarily affects the respiratory system and causes asthma attacks, allergic reactions and in some extreme cases even death. Children and babies are affected even more severely by mold, so removing it should be your number one priority.
Hardwood Floor Remediation
We also offer hardwood floor remediation services. This process is extremely difficult because wood is very sensitive to water and fire. Regardless of what type of damage your floor has suffered, our workers will have to remove the affected area and replace it with healthy wood.
There is no need to worry though, even if it sounds complicated, as Montebello 24/7 Flood Clean Up workers are perfectly capable of handling such tasks. We have the appropriate set of tools and the expertise when it comes to hardwood remediation services.
- Hardwood that is affected by water damage twists and cracks. So if you see a bulge on your floor, then your floor has surely come in contact with water. Removing the affected area is the only permanent solution. We will match the type of wood and patterns on the floors, so there will be no signs of a restoration job.
- Hardwood that is affected by fire damage requires the same treatment. The affected area of the floor will be replaced with healthy wood so that decay doesn’t spread throughout the whole floor. Some people don’t bother to repair their hardwood floor because they think that after the fire is extinguished, there won’t be further damage to it, but such is not the case. Decay spreads through wood and soon enough, that small affected spot will spread through your whole floor.